If you think I'd make a good match for your wedding or special project, please contact me! I'd love to schedule a consultation with you so we can connect. Let's get together over some coffee or a glass of wine, and get to know each other. Can't meet in person? I can Skype or make a phone call, too. If you decide to hire me, we'll be spending quality time together so it's important we both get a good vibe and sort out all the details. After we chat, I'll send you my contract, where you can pay your retainer, which will seal our date & plan (but don't worry, we can make changes to both if necessary). From there, we'll start preparing for your big day and/or private session.
- What kind of preparations do we need to make once the contract is signed? I'll send you a couple questionnaires about your vendors and your portrait wish list... we'll talk locations, if you'd like to add any props or styling to your event, and sort out anything else that needs to be known prior to the event date.
- How long will it take to get my photos? I know it's hard to wait for your photos, so I make sure to share plenty of previews throughout your wait time to hold you over. Turnarounds depend on the event type; for weddings, you will get your photos on a USB and in an online gallery within 6 weeks of the date. For styled shoots & other events, you're online gallery will be ready within 4 weeks of the session.
- What kind of equipment do you use/bring to a wedding and/or shoot? I use a Canon Mark II with various professional lenses, and a Canon Speedlitte 580X II for dark receptions.
- Are you a film or digital photographer? I shoot all of my weddings and events with a digital camera, but I adore film and own several film cameras to use for my personal photos.
- What editing programs do you use? I use Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom, and I adore Mastin Film Presets to give my photos a crisp and true-to-film appearance.
- What props are available to use for styled shoots, and do they have an extra fee? I have a selection of my own props that you may use for no additional charge, although supply is limited. For a full list of my props, please inquire. If I don't have what we need for your styled shoot, I work with top vendors in the industry who provide beautiful settings including furniture, table settings, linens, etc., these items may carry an additional charge from the businesses they're borrowed from.
- Are travel fees included in photography packages? Weddings within 150 miles of my studio in Grass Valley, CA are not subject to a travel fee. If the event is over 150 miles, or if hotel accommodations and/or flights are needed, an extra charge will be applied to cover time and costs.
- What kind of products are available to purchase, and what companies do you work with? I use PASS galleries, which provide beautiful prints with a lustre finish, canvas and photo cards. For albums, I use Pacific Albums, which are fully customizable and super high-quality, provided by BayPhoto Lab.